The Seasons of Southern Maryland….
Historic St. Mary’s City’s hours change by season, and are subject to change, due to COVID-19 concerns.
Watch this page or call 240-895-4990 or 800-762-1634 for advance information.
- Fall 2020 Hours: September 8 – November 28
- Living History Exhibits: Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- St. John’s Site Museum: Tuesday – Saturday, 12 noon – 4 p.m.
- Visitor Center: Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- The Shop at Farthing’s Ordinary: Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Brome Quarter Exhibit: Open by appointment only. Please give at least 24 hours notice for a request for appointment.
- Museum closed November 25th and 26th
- Administrative Offices are open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (except holidays)
The Maryland Dove, a re-creation of a late 17th-century vessel commemorating the Dove of 1634, occasionally sails the Chesapeake region to bring its story to other parts of Maryland.
Leashed dogs are welcome. Please clean up after your pet!
|Seniors (60 plus)||$9.00|
|Student (6-18 years or with college ID)||$6.00|
|Child (5 years and younger)||Free|
|St. John’s Site Museum ONLY|
|Are you eligible for discounted admission to HSMC?|
|HSMC offers $1 OFF full-price admission to each cardholder with a:
HSMC offers free admission to each cardholder with:
Snacks are available at the museum’s The Shop at Farthing’s Ordinary and reasonably priced meals are available within walking distance in the Student Center at St. Mary’s College. Ask museum staff about hours of operation and venues.
St. Mary’s County Visitor Information
Information provided by St. Mary’s County Tourism makes it easy to plan your trip to Historic St. Mary’s City. Find out about places to stay, restaurants to suit any taste, and things to do. Call SMC Tourism at 1-800-327-9023 or explore the county’s online visitor guide .