Your Generosity Can Inspire a Strong Future…
By donating today you will be helping Historic St. Mary’s City Museum, one of the premier historic sites of America, and the location of Maryland’s first colony and capital. Here at HSMC dedicated historians, archaeologists and educators have created a unique experience for visitors to enjoy.
Your tax-deductible donation is an invaluable gift supporting Maryland’s heritage and will help us continue our mission to develop and use this historic and scenic site for the education of children and adults alike.
Your gifts help HSMC preserve, interpret, and build the past; your generosity inspires a strong future.
Choose where your support goes…
- Chapel Fund – supports the reconstructed chapel of 1667 which represents the founding place of the Roman Catholic faith in British North America and religious liberty for all colonists in Maryland. Donations will be used to furnish, preserve, maintain and interpret the chapel.
- The Maryland Dove Fund – supports the maintenance and interpretation of the Maryland Dove, a re-creation of the smaller of the two ships that originally settled the colony of Maryland. The ship operates as a shore-side and traveling attraction for visitors as well as a working vessel that helps to preserve the maritime heritage of the 17th century.
- Garden Fund – supports the colonial themed gardens as well as over five miles of scenic trails along the St. Mary’s River.
- Plantation Fund – supports the agriculture exhibits at the Godiah Spray Planation. Donations help provide for the animals, gardens, field crops and structures where historic plantation life is re-created.
- Annual Fund -This on-going fund provides unrestricted support to Historic St. Mary’s City. By choosing this option you allow us the freedom to use your donation wherever funding is most needed.
HSMC Foundation also accepts in-kind donations, stocks, annuities and bequests. Call our office at 240-895-4977 or email Support@DigsHistory.org for more information.
Thank you for your decision to help support Historic St. Mary’s City. It is through the generous contributions of friends like you that we are able to continue to fund the many research, educational and volunteer activities here at the site of Maryland’s first capital.